‘Everything he knows about writing’ is an Apparently a Writer blog series, where I am posting my way through the 600 writing topics listed in John Marsden’s book Everything I know About Writing. Find the explanatory post here, and all posts in the series here. Topics 1-93 fall under the category “Quickies”.
#4 – List 10 uses for dead batteries.
(assuming they aren’t leaking)
- Weights to hold my patterns when I cut fabric
- Wheels for craft cars
- Something to throw at Indian Myna Birds (not to be confused with native Noisy Miners).
- Tiny watch batteries used to make ‘dot art’
- Old Nokia phone batteries used as dominoes
- Old Nokia phone batteries for kids to build depressingly drab city scapes
- Car batteries as door stops
- Convincing a kid that the noisy toy is broken, it’s not the batteries 😉
- As a loving gift to Arthur Weasley
- A dead car battery to trick and incapacitate Tony Stark…you know…before he was Iron Man and didn’t need a car battery.
Ok, so the last to were not exactly original haha.